Sausage & Potato CasseroleMar 25, 2021
I have a sister that I love. She’s my twin.
We grew up as close as two sisters could. We shared a bedroom, we shared clothes, friends, our car, and an apartment when we moved away from home.
I could tell you about some of the dumb and silly things we did, and some of the most embarrassing and memorable moments we shared, but then I know she would disown me, and I just couldn’t bear that!
(Can you guess who’s who?)
This past week Travis had a three-day business trip to Kansas so the boys and I went to stay with my sister and her family. I miss him terribly when he’s gone, but I love the excuse it gives me to spend several days chatting with her. Face to face laughter and banter beats long distance phone calls any day!
While we were there she made a delicious casserole that was very tasty and incredibly simple. Just four ingredients! I can handle that. I made it for our family tonight and it was met with rave reviews from the guys. But then who can turn down soft potatoes, spicy sausage, salty butter, and melted cheese blended together in a delicious dish that just screams comfort food?
Try it, you’ll see.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
Servings: 12 servings
Calories: 272 kcal
- 3 pounds potatoes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/3 Tablespoon Homemade Sausage Seasoning
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted (1/2 stick)
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt (to taste)
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Slice potatoes and boil until tender but not falling apart.
- Brown ground beef in large skillet and add the homemade sausage seasoning.
- In a 9x13 pan, layer the potatoes, then the sausage. Pour melted butter evenly over top and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 min. or until cheese is melted.
P.S. I’m on the left.
Subscribe today and receive health-related recipes, information, and special offers.
You’ll also receive our ebook Candida-Fighting Herbs & Essential Oils – FREE.
Subscribe…download…and create a candida arsenal in your kitchen.
By submitting this form, you consent to receive occasional emails and offers. You can unsubscribe at any time.