Indian Stuffed PeppersMar 19, 2021
Some of my favorite recipes, from the kitchen-cleaner’s point of view, are those that don’t make a lot of dishes. When you can combine that aspect with a recipe that uses healthy ingredients, tastes great, and also uses up the abundance of peppers in your garden – well then, folks, we have a winner.
Bell pepper season isn’t here just yet, but as I’m planning my garden on paper, I’m preparing for lots of peppers in the ground. And of course, this just makes me crave a green-pepper-using-recipe like stuffed peppers all the more.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 10 mins
Calories: 297 kcal
- 5 bell peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes (w/ liquid)
- Himalayan salt (to taste)
- Brown the ground beef with the onions, coriander, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
- Add the tomatoes (and juice) and salt and let simmer about 10 min.
- Wash peppers and cut in half from top to bottom. Remove the seeds and ribs inside. Lay each pepper half in a 9×13 pan (you may need an additional small pan).
- Fill each pepper half with the beef mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes.
You can easily make this spicier by adding chopped jalepenos or more hot spices! The sky's the limit!
Subscribe today and receive health-related recipes, information, and special offers.
You’ll also receive our ebook Candida-Fighting Herbs & Essential Oils – FREE.
Subscribe…download…and create a candida arsenal in your kitchen.
By submitting this form, you consent to receive occasional emails and offers. You can unsubscribe at any time.