Buttery Zucchini & GarlicMar 19, 2021
Buttery zucchini and garlic
I love zucchini – it’s low-maintenance and very productive. I also love that it’s easy for the kids to spot and pick in the garden. And if your helpers do happen to miss one and you find yourself staring at a gigantic green monster weeks later, you can still throw it in your food processor to use in baked goods.
Add some flavor
It’s a rather bland tasting vegetable so it takes on the flavor of pretty much anything you cook with it. We use it in place of spaghetti noodles and most often in breads, muffins (Sourdough Zucchini Muffins), and cakes.
And we can’t neglect to mention that zucchini is candida safe, which makes me want to pucker up and kiss it on its little green nose. Smooch. And double smooch.
But my go-to, I-would-eat-this-every-day-if-I-could recipe is a very simple zucchini and garlic sauté. With butter. Because everything is better with butter. Trust me.
Buttery Zucchini & Garlic
My go-to, vegetable recipe - a very simple, buttery zucchini and garlic sauté. Because everything is better with butter.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 5 small zucchini
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt (to taste)
- Wash zucchini and cut off the ends. Cut each zucchini into 1/4″ slices.
- Place slices into a frying pan and add minced garlic. Cut butter into thin slices and lay on top of zucchini.
- Place a lid on frying pan and sauté over medium heat for about five minutes. Try not to stir it too often or the zucchini will start to get mushy.
- Once the butter and water (this is water that cooks out of the zucchini) start to bubble and boil just a bit, remove the frying pan from heat but leave the lid on. Let it sit for about ten minutes, letting the steam finish cooking them until they're tender-crisp.
- Salt generously with salt and eat immediately. This recipe would work great with yellow summer squash as well.
Note: replace butter with coconut oil to make this dairy-free and allowable on the paleo and AIP diets.
Subscribe today and receive health-related recipes, information, and special offers.
You’ll also receive our ebook Candida-Fighting Herbs & Essential Oils – FREE.
Subscribe…download…and create a candida arsenal in your kitchen.
By submitting this form, you consent to receive occasional emails and offers. You can unsubscribe at any time.