7 Reasons Why Apple Cider Vinegar Is Essential For Your Digestive SystemJun 04, 2021
If you’re anything like me, tummy woes are surely the bane of your existence. Have problems like indigestion, constipation and diarrhea become a way of life and put a halt to your social scene? Have there been those rare occasions when you decided to let go and indulge in a flavorsome Asian meal out with your family or friends? Did your erratic digestive system then decide to ruin it for you?
Well, if you find yourself nodding in agreement to the aforementioned questions, you’ve suffered enough! Apple cider vinegar is a magic remedy that will help you bid adieu to your digestive problems so you don’t have to punish your taste buds anymore. Here’s how:
- It Aids Digestion – You know the uneasiness that comes with indigestion; but did you know the relief that can come with drinking apple cider vinegar? Unfiltered apple cider vinegar is found to contain natural enzymes that aid in effective digestion. It also contains fibres called cellulose and pectin that help absorb water in the digestive tract and regulate the movement of food for better digestion.
- It Cures Gastritis And Heartburns – A common, modern day lifestyle problem is that of gastritis. The impact of our poor dietary habits and sedentary jobs is quite evident on our digestive health. Due to low hydrochloric acid produced by the body, conditions like gastritis and heartburns get aggravated. Everyday, mix one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (ACV) with one tablespoon honey in water and drink it to improve hydrochloric acid production in the body which will thereby ease inflammation.
- It Cures Constipation – In addition to its many wonders, this superfood also offers a great cure for constipation. ACV is an all natural laxative that helps ease bowel movements. It contains pectin, a water soluble fiber that improves the movement of food in the stomach by regulating acid levels and increasing the absorption of fiber. This helps relieves constipation. Another essential acid contained in ACV is malic acid, which is also responsible for curing constipation.
- It Has Detoxifying Properties – Those of you who often battle with gut issues need to detoxify their systems regularly. What’s better than apple cider vinegar to help you do the same? An age old home remedy, ACV is an excellent detoxifying agent as it not only clears your body of all toxins, but it also helps cleanse your liver. The many essential vitamins, minerals and alkalinity contained in ACV helps remove toxic substances from the liver. This regulates the body’s pH levels, which if left too acidic can lead to diseases and infections.
- It Normalizes Intestinal Bacteria – Apart from blaming your sweet tooth for the extra calories you pile on, you must also blame it for your poor intestinal health. High sugar diets can cause candida fungus to spread in your intestine resulting in weakened immunity, fatigue and hormonal irregularities. ACV contains beneficial acids like malic acid and acetic acid that have anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties. They help strengthen the intestinal flora which prevents fungal infections.
- It Fights Food Poisoning – Ate something that didn’t go well with your stomach? Here’s apple cider vinegar to soothe the discomfort. When metabolized in the body, ACV produces an alkaline effect that helps ease the gastrointestinal lining and kill bacteria. It also hydrates the body and replaces the essential nutrients and minerals that the body has lost due to sickness.
Note: Though ACV is an excellent remedy for a number of digestive issues, it is essential that you get a certified medical practitioner’s opinion, if your problem still persists. There could be more grave causes for your tummy troubles that can only come to light with necessary medical examinations.
What are some of your favorite ways to use apple cider vinegar?
Subscribe today and receive health-related recipes, information, and special offers.
You’ll also receive our ebook Candida-Fighting Herbs & Essential Oils – FREE.
Subscribe…download…and create a candida arsenal in your kitchen.
By submitting this form, you consent to receive occasional emails and offers. You can unsubscribe at any time.