“14 Carat” Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese FrostingApr 20, 2021
Some of my favorite desserts are those that sneak in healthy vegetables when no one’s looking. Better yet is when the dessert is sugar and gluten-free too! My friend and cookbook co-author, Sarah, came up with this delicious recipe and my family has enjoyed it many, many times!
- 1 15- oz can Cannellini Beans white kidney beans (drained and rinsed well)
- 5 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup powdered xylitol
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- stevia to taste
- 3 cups carrots shredded
- 1 cup soaked and dried nuts chopped
CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 8 oz cream cheese softened (try to find a combo of greek yogurt/cream cheese**)
- 1 stick butter softened
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch celtic sea salt
- stevia to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 pan with butter or coconut oil.
- Blend the beans and eggs in a blender until there are no bean chunks. Pour into a mixing bowl and add the rest of the ingredients, including the xylitol. Mix well.
- Add stevia to taste – a little at a time until just a bit too sweet (the sweetness dulls when baking).
- Pour batter into cake pan and bake 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the pan comes out clean.
- Let cake sit at least 4 to 6 hours before frosting and serving – any beany flavor will disappear.
- Frost with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting.
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a small mixing bowl blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Add stevia to taste – a little at a time.
- Store in refrigerator. (It will need to be brought to room temp. to be spreadable.)
NOTE **if you can’t find a product with ‘live cultures’ the next best option would be to add a probiotic capsule to it and mix in well before using it in the recipe.
Do you like this recipe? Are you looking for more sugar-free, gluten-free recipes? Check out The Sweeter Side of Candida for more than 70 delicious desserts just like this one
Subscribe today and receive health-related recipes, information, and special offers.
You’ll also receive our ebook Candida-Fighting Herbs & Essential Oils – FREE.
Subscribe…download…and create a candida arsenal in your kitchen.
By submitting this form, you consent to receive occasional emails and offers. You can unsubscribe at any time.